This course is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME).
Once course is completed you will be awarded with 4 ECMEC´s credits.
More information in FAQ´s.
Professionals interested in acquiring basic knowledge in the field of Assisted Reproduction: genetic factors, legal aspects, laboratory techniques and procedures, etc.
Assisted Reproduction is the set of medical techniques and treatments aimed at promoting the pregnancy in the case of fertility problems in men, women, or in both genders. However, it is also of great help in specific situations that would not imply an infertility problem, as would be the case of women facing maternity on an individual basis, couples of homosexual women or couples carrying a disease that could be transmitted to the offspring
Do you want to see a part of the course?
Learning outcomes expected to be acquired by the student at the end of the course:
1. To apply genetics knowledge in reproductive medicine.
2. To identify the main bioethical aspects that must be considered in the application of assisted reproduction treatments, as well as their moral implications, according to Spanish legislation derived from human reproduction.
3. To apply Spanish legislation in cases of preimplantation testing and fertility preservation.
4. To recognize the organization and procedures of a reproduction clinic.
5. To identify a correct fertilization.
6. To analyze the different events that occur during embryo development.
7. To apply the principles of cryobiology to the protocols of cryopreservation techniques for cells, gametes and embryos.
8. To recognize the effects of aging and the basics of ovarian rejuvenation.
The online course will be carried out through the e-learning platform: IVIRMA Campus. The student will receive a message with the access information and credentials 24/48 hours before the start of the course.
IVIRMA Campus can be accessed from Windows computers (7, 8 or 10) or Mac, using Chrome or Firefox in its last three versions. Access from mobile devices is not supported and does not ensure the correct operation of the course.
Module 1. Genetics
1.1 General information about genetics
1.2 Human genome
1.4 Milestonesof genetics
1.5 Change of era: Genomic Era
1.6 Genetics in Reproductive Medicine
1.7 Paradigm shift
Module 2. Legal Aspects of Assisted Reproduction
2.2 Patients and donors
2.3 Preimplantation testing
2.4 Preservation of fertility
Module 3. Laboratory Procedures
3.1 Follicular puncture
3.2 Recovery and capacitation of seminal samples
3.5 Evaluation of the fertilization
3.6 Embryo development
3.8 Embryo biopsy
3.9 Oocyte and embryo vitrification
3.10 Oocyte and embryo warming
Module 4. Present and future in the Assisted Reproduction: Ovarian Rejuvenation
4.2 Ovarian reserve
4.3 Ovarian rejuvenation
4.4 Cell therapy
4.7 IVF cycles