This course is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME).Once course is completed you will be awarded with 20 ECMEC´s credits. More information in FAQ´s.
Biomedical Professionals, Biotechnologists, Andrologists and Embryologists
This course introduces the techniques necessary to obtain embryos in the laboratory with the use of different media that will have an effect on embryo development. In addition, we will learn to distinguish the different types of embryos according to their morphological quality from the first cleavages to the blastocyst stage.
Learning outcomes expected to be acquired by the student at the end of the course:
1. Define the procedures and methods of embryo culture, as well as the culture media needed for its realization.
2. Analyse the importance of the introduction of time-lapse in the daily work of an IVF laboratory and in the redefinition of embryonic parameters
3. Distinguish the different types of embryos according to their morphological quality from the first divisions to the blastocyst stage.
4. Select embryos for transfer and freezing.
5. Apply the knowledge of embryo culture to research in Human Reproduction.
1. Cell culture
2. Culture media I
3. Culture media II
4. Types of prolonged cultures
5. Application of embryo co-culture in research
6. Embryo development
7. Correlation between morphology and aneuploidies
8. The blastocyst