Andrologists, Embriologists, Specialists in Reproductive Medicine, Researchers, Gynaecologists, Doctors, Residents of Gynaecology and Obstetrics
This course describes firstly the molecular bases of sex, genes implied in sex determination and hormones involved in sexual differentiation. It describes the molecular bases of sex selection to later deepen in the technical procedure and the advantages that sex selection offer to livestock and endangered species. In the end, it considers alternative sex selection methods and a deep analysis of the alterations in the sex ratio due to biological, environmental or cultural reasons.
Important information: To complete the course, you must use the browsers Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11 (with the exception of Microsoft Edge) on a computer with Windows Operating System (7, 8 or 10). The platform should not be accessed through mobile devices and / or tablets, regardless of the Operating System.
Sex Determination Techniques
2. Analysis of the sperm DNA content
3. Legislation on sex determination
4. Sex determination
5. Sex differentiation in mammals
6. Sex differentiation in humans
7. Advantages of sexual reproduction
8. Clinical relevance of preconception and preimplantation sex selection in humans
9. Alternative sexing methods
10. Alterations in the sex ratio