Biomedical Professionals, Biotechnologists, Andrologists and Embryologists
This This module provides the knowledge about stem cells and their application in reproduction medicine. It starts with the basic concept of stem cell and stem cell types according to their origin and differentiation potential. It considers regenerative medicine, which is a new concept in medicine that tries to repair organs and tissues through the cell replacement therapy with its advantages and contraindications.
To complete the course, you must use the browsers Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11 (with the exception of Microsoft Edge) on a computer with Windows Operating System (7, 8 or 10). The platform should not be accessed through mobile devices and / or tablets, regardless of the Operating System.
To successfully complete the course and obtain the corresponding certificate, the student must obtain a percentage of 70% or above of correct answers in the final evaluation. For this, you will have two opportunities to take the exam.
1. Stem cells. Therapeutic possibilities. Regenerative Medicine
2. Pluripotent stem cells: types and general aspects
3. Multipotent cells: umbilical cord
4. Somatic stem cells in the endometrium
5. Tissue Bioengineering
6. Fertility preservation
7. Ovarian rejuvenation and stem cells: applications and future perspectives
8. Uterus transplantation
9. Adult stem cells in human testicles
10. Gamete generation from stem cells: reprogramming and transdifferentiation
11. Bioethics and legislation of stem cell research