Biomedical Professionals, Biotechnologists, Andrologists and Embryologists
This This module provides the knowledge about stem cells and their application in reproduction medicine. It starts with the basic concept of stem cell and stem cell types according to their origin and differentiation potential. It considers regenerative medicine, which is a new concept in medicine that tries to repair organs and tissues through the cell replacement therapy with its advantages and contraindications.
Important information: To complete the course, you must use the browsers Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11 (with the exception of Microsoft Edge) on a computer with Windows Operating System (7, 8 or 10). The platform should not be accessed through mobile devices and / or tablets, regardless of the Operating System.
1. Stem cells. Therapeutic possibilities. Regenerative Medicine
2. Pluripotent stem cells: types and general aspects
3. Multipotent cells: umbilical cord
4. Adult stem cells in human testicles
5. Somatic stem cells in the human endometrium
6. Fertility preservation
7. Ovarian rejuvenation and stem cells: applications and future perspectives
8. Uterus transplantation
9. Gamete generation from stem cells: reprogramming and transdifferentiation
10. Bioethics and legislation of stem cell research