This course is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME). Once course is completed you will be awarded with 20 ECMEC´s credits. More info in FAQ´s.
Biomedical Professionals, Biotechnologists, Andrologists and Embryologists
We will describe the basic concepts about stem cells, types according to their origin and differentiation potential. We will delve into the possible applications of Regenerative Medicine to heal and repair organs and tissues through cell replacement therapy with its advantages and disadvantages.
We will study each type of stem cell according to its differentiation potential from pluripotent cells such as human embryonic stem cells to induced pluripotent cells whose discoverer was awarded with the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 2012. We will analyze somatic stem cells and those that have been identified in organs and reproductive tissues: ovaries, testes, endometrium, myometrium, and umbilical cord blood.
We will study germ stem cells, which are haploid sex cells that can be obtained from embryonic stem cells or by somatic cell transdifferentiation.
We will review the legal and ethical foundations that handle studies with these cell types.
The online course will be carried out through the e-learning platform: IVIRMA Campus. The student will receive a message with the access information and credentials 24/48 hours before the start of the course.
IVIRMA Campus can be accessed from Windows computers (7, 8 or 10) or Mac, using Chrome or Firefox in its last three versions. Access from mobile devices is not supported and does not ensure the correct operation of the course.
To successfully complete the training and obtain the corresponding certificate, the student must obtain a percentage greater than or equal to 70% of correct answers in the final evaluation. To do this, you will have two opportunities to take the exam.
1. Stem cells. Therapeutic possibilities. Regenerative Medicine
2. Pluripotent stem cells: types and general aspects
3. New Technologies in Reproductive Medicine: Organoids and Microfluidics
4. Multipotent cells: umbilical cord
5. Perinatal stem cells: umbilical cord tissue
6. Gamete generation from stem cells: reprogramming and transdifferentiation
7. Adult stem cells in human testicles
8. Adult stem cells in Myometrium and Fibroids
9. Adult stem cells in the human endometrium
10. Fertility preservation
11. Ovarian rejuvenation and stem cells: applications and future perspectives
12. Uterus transplantation
13. Tissue Bioengineering and Regenerative Medicine in Reproduction
14. Bioethics and legislation of stem cell research
15. Therapeutic Applications of Stem Cells