This course is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME). Once course is completed you will be awarded with 20 ECMEC´s credits More information in FAQ´s
Biomedical Professionals, Biotechnologists, Andrologists and Embryologists
This course describes the procedures carried out in the andrology laboratory by focusing on the scientific evidences that support such behaviors, as well as the improvement lines from a diagnostic and therapeutic point of view within one of the most dynamic fields in assisted reproduction.
To complete the course, you must use the browsers Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11 (with the exception of Microsoft Edge) on a computer with Windows Operating System (7, 8 or 10). The platform should not be accessed through mobile devices and / or tablets, regardless of the Operating System.
To successfully complete the course and obtain the corresponding certificate, the student must obtain a percentage of 70% or above of correct answers in the final evaluation. For this, you will have two opportunities to take the exam.
1. The testicle and the spermatogenesis
2. Basic semen analysis. Spermiogram. Special situations and additional tests
3. Sperm preparation techniques for hoologous artificial insemination, indications and outcomes
4. Automated analysis of motility, morphology, concentration and other sperm parameters
5. Sperm freezing techniques
6. Selection, control and use of sperm donors
7. Management and control of the sperm bank
8. Sperm washing in seropositive males for HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C
9. Flow cytometry: cell sorting, applications on sperm and sperm separation
10. Sperm DNA fragmentation and male fertility
11. Methods for an objective selection of competent sperm
12. Microarrays technology in sperm diagnosis
13. Other molecular markers of sperm quality