This course is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME).Once course is completed you will be awarded with 20 ECMEC´s credits. More information in FAQ´s.
Graduates in Biomedical and Health Sciences.
Students and Professionals in Biology, Medicine, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine, Nursing, Laboratory Technicians and related areas.
This course is aimed at approaching the student to the concept of the clinical embryology laboratory from the perspective of technical aspects, physical resources, devices, functions, tasks, structure, organization and quality management. Important information: To complete the course, you must use the browsers Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer 11 (with the exception of Microsoft Edge) on a computer with Windows Operating System (7, 8 or 10). The platform should not be accessed through mobile devices and / or tablets, regardless of the Operating System.
1. The IVF Laboratory: a cleanroom
2. Getting to know the laboratory environment
3. The IVF Laboratory: structure, equipment and maintenance
4. Oocyte aspiration, capacitation and sperm retrieval protocols. Conventional insemination
5. Micromanipulation techniques and assisted fertilization: SUZI, PZD, ICSI and associated techniques
6. Evaluation of fertilization: pronuclear score and reproductive outcomes
7. Oocyte dysmorphisms and clinical repercussion
8. Standard embryo culture: selection criteria of embryos eligible for transfer and cryopreservation
9. Embryo transfer
10. Oocyte and embryo cryopreservation
11. The role of the IVF Laboratory in Fertility Preservation
12. Quality management in the IVF laboratory