This course is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME).Once course is completed you will be awarded with 20 ECMEC´s credits. More information in FAQ´s
Biomedical Professionals, Biotechnologists, Andrologists and Embryologists
This course has a mainly medical perspective and addresses the diagnosis of infertility and the types of infertility from an etiological point of view, as well as the assisted reproductive treatment necessary for each case.
We will learn about the various treatments available to help achieve a pregnancy (ovulation induction, artificial insemination, in vitro fertilization, oocyte donation) and in which cases they are indicated according to the circumstances of the couple, time of sterility, previous treatments , etc., highlighting ovarian stimulation as a basic pillar to increase the success of assisted reproduction techniques.
On the other hand, we will treat two not-so-uncommon entities that cause infertility: endometriosis and recurrent miscarriage, and we will consider the use of ultrasound in reproductive medicine and the luteal phase support.
The online course will be carried out through the e-learning platform: IVIRMA Campus. The student will receive a message with the access information and credentials 24/48 hours before the start of the course.
IVIRMA Campus can be accessed from Windows computers (7, 8 or 10) or Mac, using Chrome or Firefox in its last three versions. Access from mobile devices is not supported and does not ensure the correct operation of the course.
To successfully complete the training and obtain the corresponding certificate, the student must obtain a percentage greater than or equal to 70% of correct answers in the final evaluation. To do this, you will have two opportunities to take the exam.
Learning outcomes expected to be acquired by the student at the end of the course:
1. Relate the different causes of sterility and infertility.
2. Relate an ovarian, uterine and / or tubal status with a reproductive behaviour.
3. Propose protocols on ovarian function.
4. Identify the main alterations of the reproductive system in the human species and their therapeutic alterations, understanding and analysing medical actions.
5. Recognize the phases of a sterility study.
6. Identify the use of assisted reproductive techniques according to the infertility reasons in each case.
1. Management of ovulation induction and ovarian stimulation
2. Recurrent miscarriage
5. Uterine and tubal sterility
6. Artificial insemination
7. In vitro fertilization
8. Ovarian and endometrial manipulation
9. Fertility preservation for oncological and non-oncological reasons
10. Egg Donation
11. Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome: Physiopathology, Prevention and Management
12. Critical analysis of egg donation
13. Medical treatment of endometriosis
14. Fundamentals of ultrasound imaging in patients with infertility problems
15. Health of children conceived by assisted reproduction techniques
16. ART biosurveillance system. SIRHA assisted human reproduction information system.
17. The importance of the luteal phase in assisted reproduction