Course registration: Until 10/28/2020
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduates in Biomedical and Health Sciences.
Students and Professionals in Biology, Medicine, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine, Nursing, Laboratory Technicians and related areas.
During the last decades there has been a growing demand of experts in assisted reproduction techniques in several countries around the world.
The reasons are related to multiple factors such as advanced maternal age of first time mothers, certain harmful life habits as well as diverse genetic and environmental factors.
As a result, there is an increased number of cases of infertile patients in need to be treated, which leads to an urgent need for new assisted reproduction units and the consequent need for trained professionals in all areas related to Reproductive Endocrinology. Attending this situation, the University of Valencia has created the Master's Degree in the Biotechnology of Human Assisted Reproduction and Embryology.
Thanks to the Master Degree in the Biotechnology of Human Assisted Reproduction and Embryology, students will have the opportunity to pursue a career in the human assisted reproduction field, genetic diagnosis and/or research on reproductive science. This master is intended for graduates in Biomedical Sciences, such as Biologists, Medical Doctors, Veterinarians, Pharmacists and similar experts.
Benefits of the Master Degree in the Biotechnology of Human Assisted Reproduction and Embryology:
1. Thanks to the e-learning, students are able to learn from anywhere, with maximum time and flexibility, besides the opportunity of exchanging knowledge with other students and experts.
2. Through the Virtual Classroom, students have complete access to all materials and resources related to achieve and improve their knowledge.
3. The course offers a close communication and personal monitoring carried out by the course tutors through several communication tools (forums, chats, internal messaging).
The Master's Degree in the Biotechnology of Human Assisted Reproduction and Embryology provides the following skills and knowledge:
1. To understand the mechanisms of fertility, the causes of infertility and the techniques used to treat them.
2. To obtain complete knowledge of cutting-edge techniques applied to different cases of the study and treatment of infertility in humans.
3. To acquire all the necessary training to begin the integration in assisted human reproduction laboratories and also in research centers related.
Learning outcomes expected to be acquired by the student at the end of the course:
1. Identify the endocrine and physiological bases of the male and female reproductive systems.
2. Distinguish the main stages and modifications that mature gametes undergo from their ovulation or deposition to their meeting.
3. Identify the interaction mechanisms between gametes and the post-interaction alterations that they experience to achieve a successful fertilization.
4. Identify the main alterations of the reproductive system in the human species and their therapeutic alterations, understanding and analysing medical actions.
5. Recognize the phases of a sterility study.
6. Identify the use of assisted reproductive techniques according to the infertility reasons in each case.
7. Recognize the fundamentals of basic research, emphasizing the lines of research related to Human Reproduction
8. Develop a critical point of view on published articles.
9. Systematize the tasks carried out in a clinical embryology laboratory.
10. Analyse the interactions between the different sections in a clinical embryology laboratory.
11. Evaluate the different situations that arise in the laboratories related to Human Reproduction in order to solve problems and make decisions.
12. Evaluate the different parameters of embryo quality to identify the embryos with the best prognosis in the different evolutionary stages, according to the different factors and causes that can influence it.
13. Analyse the relevance and characteristics of alternative technology to pre-implantation diagnosis for sex selection.
14. Define the procedures and methods of embryo culture, as well as the culture media needed for its realization.
15. Recognize the principles of cryobiology and the use of cryoprotectants.
16. Distinguish embryonic stem cell derivation, culture, and characterization.
17. Analyse the relevance and characteristics of preimplantation genetic diagnosis techniques.
18. Determine the main bioethical aspects that must be considered in the application of assisted reproduction treatments, as well as their moral implications.
1. HUMAN REPRODUCTION PHYSIOLOGY
2. OOGENESIS, SPERMATOGENESIS ANS THEIR DEFICIENCIES
3. FERTILIZATION, EMBRYO DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNIQUES TO OBTAIN IN VIVO PRODUCED EMBRYOS
5. BASIC RESEARCH IN ASSISTED REPRODUCTION
6. BASIC TECHNIQUES IN ASSISTED REPRODUCTION
7. ANDROLOGY LABORATORY
8. IN VITRO FERTILIZACION LABORATORY
9. SEX DETERMINATION TECHNIQUES
10. IN VITRO PRODUCTION OF EMBRYOS. EMBRYO CULTURE
11. CRYOBIOLOGY. PRESERVATION OF MATERNAL AND PATERNAL INHERITANCE. EMBRYO PRESERVATION
12. EMBRYO QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
13. MULTIPLICATION OF EMBRYOS AND GAMETES
14. PREIMPLANTATION GENETIC SCREENING LABORATORY
15. STEM CELLS
16. ETHICAL AND LEGAL ASPECTS OF ASSISTED REPRODUCTION TECHNIQUES
17. FINAL EXAM