This course is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME). Once course is completed you will be awarded with 5 ECMEC´s credits. More information in FAQ´s.
Physicians, specialists in Gynecology and Obstetrics, embryologists and Gynecology and Obstetrics Residents interested in Reproductive Medicine.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of fertility preservation techniques for patients undergoing chemotherapy treatments. It specifically focuses on three key aspects: oocyte vitrification, ovarian cortex cryopreservation, and the outcomes of fertility preservation in cancer patients.
The primary objective is to equip healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to offer cancer patients viable options for preserving their fertility and planning their reproductive future. By understanding and implementing fertility preservation techniques, healthcare providers can instill hope and provide realistic prospects for patients to have biological children in the future. This not only significantly impacts patients' quality of life but also enables them to make well-informed decisions regarding family planning and exercise greater control over their reproductive health.
Furthermore, studying pre-chemotherapy fertility preservation and evaluating its outcomes holds paramount importance from both medical and scientific perspectives. As fertility preservation techniques continue to evolve and improve, it becomes crucial to assess their effectiveness and safety through rigorous research and clinical studies. This serves as a solid foundation for guiding healthcare professionals in decision-making processes and recommending the most suitable fertility preservation options to their patients.
• Understand the anticipated obstetric outcomes following successful treatment of the disease.
• Identify the clinical indications, success rates, and limitations associated with ovarian cortex cryopreservation.
• Recognize the unique considerations and challenges involved in fertility preservation techniques for cancer patients.
1. Pre-chemotherapy fertility preservation: oocyte vitrification
2. Fertility preservation: Ovarian cortex cryopreservation
3. Fertility preservation outcomes in cancer patients