This course is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME). Once course is completed you will be awarded with 5 ECMEC´s credits. More information in FAQ´s.
Physicians, specialists in gynecology and obstetrics, embryologists, laboratory technicians and Gynecology and Obstetrics Residents interested in Reproductive Medicine.
This course offers a comprehensive exploration of preimplantation genetic testing (PGT), screening tests for monogenic diseases, and the intricate relationship between genetics and reproduction. These subjects hold significant relevance in contemporary reproductive medicine as they provide the opportunity to detect and prevent genetic disorders prior to embryo implantation.
PGT and single gene disease screening tests empower couples to make informed decisions regarding their reproductive future and effectively prevent the transmission of severe genetic diseases. Moreover, a thorough understanding of the interplay between genetics and reproduction is crucial in delivering appropriate genetic counseling and comprehensive care to patients navigating reproductive challenges.
• Acquire knowledge about the technique of preimplantation genetic testing (PGT), including its various indications and laboratory techniques.
• Identify patients who are at risk and offer them appropriate therapeutic options based on their individual circumstances.
• Stay updated on the latest advancements in the field of human reproductive genetics, expanding knowledge on the genetic aspects of human reproduction.
1. Preimplantation Genetic Testing
2. Screening Tests for Monogenic Diseases
3. Genetics and Reproduction