Course registration: Until October 22nd, 2021
Further information: email@example.com
Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a clinical or scientific subject related to the field of reproduction or clinical embryology.
Apart from the normal graduate studies application procedure, the applicant’s acceptance is subject to the University of Valencia and Course Director’s supervision.
During the last decades there has been a growing demand on experts in assisted reproduction techniques in several countries around the world.
The reasons are related to multiple factors such as advanced maternal age of first-time mothers, certain harmful life habits as well as diverse genetic and environmental factors.
As a result, there is an increasing number of infertile patients in need to be treated, which leads to an urgent need for new assisted reproduction units and the consequent need for trained professionals in all areas related to Reproductive Endocrinology. Attending this situation, the prestigious Valencia Infertility Institute (IVI) together with the University of Valencia have created the Master's Degree in the Biotechnology of Human Assisted Reproduction and Embryology.
Thanks to this master's degree, students will have the opportunity to pursue a career in the human assisted reproduction field, genetic testing and/or research on reproductive science. This master is intended for graduates in Biomedical Sciences, such as Biologists, Medical Doctors, Veterinarians, Pharmacists and similar experts.
Benefits of the Master Degree in the Biotechnology of Human Assisted Reproduction and Embryology:
1. Thanks to e-learning, students are able to learn from anywhere, with maximum time and flexibility, besides the opportunity of exchanging knowledge with other students and experts.
2. Through the Virtual Classroom, students have complete access to all materials and resources related to achieve and improve their knowledge.
3. The course offers a close communication and personal monitoring carried out by the course tutors through several communication tools (forums, chats, internal messaging).
The Master's Degree in the Biotechnology of Human Assisted Reproduction and Embryology provides the following skills and knowledge:
1. To understand the mechanisms of fertility, the causes of infertility and the techniques used to treat them.
2. To obtain complete knowledge of cutting-edge techniques applied to different cases of the study and treatment of infertility in humans.
3. To acquire all the necessary training to begin the integration in assisted human reproduction laboratories and also in research centers related.
Learning outcomes expected to be acquired by the student at the end of the course:
1. Identifying the endocrine and physiological bases of the male and female reproductive systems.
2. Distinguishing the main stages and modifications that mature gametes undergo from their ovulation or deposition to their encounter.
3. Identifying the interaction mechanisms between gametes and the post-interaction alterations that they experience to achieve a successful fertilization.
4. Identifying the main alterations of the reproductive system in the human species and their therapeutic approaches, understanding and analyzing medical actions.
5. Recognizing the phases of a sterility study.
6. Identifying the use of assisted reproduction techniques according to the infertility reasons in each case.
7. Recognizing the fundamentals of basic research, emphasizing the lines of research related to Human Reproduction
8. Developing a critical point of view on published papers.
9. Systematizing the tasks carried out in a clinical embryology laboratory.
10. Analyzing the interactions between the different sections in a clinical embryology laboratory.
11. Evaluating the different situations that arise in the laboratories related to Human Reproduction in order to solve problems and make decisions.
12. Assessing the different parameters of embryo quality to identify the embryos with the best prognosis at the different developmental stages, according to the different factors and causes that can have an influence.
13. Analyzing the relevance and characteristics of alternative technology to pre-implantation testing for sex selection.
14. Defining the procedures and methods of embryo culture, as well as the culture media needed.
15. Recognizing the principles of cryobiology and the use of cryoprotectants.
16. Distinguishing embryonic stem cell derivation, culture, and characterization.
17. Analyzing the relevance and characteristics of preimplantation genetic testing techniques.
18. Determining the main bioethical aspects that must be considered in the application of assisted reproduction treatments, as well as their moral implications.
1. HUMAN REPRODUCTION PHYSIOLOGY
2. OOGENESIS, SPERMATOGENESIS ANS THEIR DEFICIENCIES
3. FERTILIZATION, EMBRYO DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNIQUES TO OBTAIN IN VIVO PRODUCED EMBRYOS
5. BASIC RESEARCH IN ASSISTED REPRODUCTION
6. BASIC TECHNIQUES IN ASSISTED REPRODUCTION
7. ANDROLOGY LABORATORY
8. IN VITRO FERTILIZACION LABORATORY
9. SEX DETERMINATION TECHNIQUES
10. IN VITRO PRODUCTION OF EMBRYOS. EMBRYO CULTURE
11. CRYOBIOLOGY. PRESERVATION OF MATERNAL AND PATERNAL INHERITANCE. EMBRYO PRESERVATION
12. EMBRYO QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
13. MULTIPLICATION OF EMBRYOS AND GAMETES
14. PREIMPLANTATION GENETIC SCREENING LABORATORY
15. STEM CELLS
16. ETHICAL AND LEGAL ASPECTS OF ASSISTED REPRODUCTION TECHNIQUES
17. FINAL EXAM